Thursday 12 May 2011






Thank you for all your nice birthday greetings. So far being 38 is okay!
Having my first birthday in Norway made me realise I have made some lovely,caring friends here. When we first moved to Norway I remember crying to Henrik telling him that one of the hardest things was not knowing anyone and having nobody care about me (apart from him of course, but sometimes that's not enough!) Yesterday I felt cared for and it made me realise I have come a long way in 8 months.Those 8 hard months, full of frustration,starting my life from scratch,homesickness and wondering why the hell I came up with this foolish idea to move to this odd country have finally turned around and being here feels pretty good!

4 comments:

  1. that's great lisa, a lovely positive post. things are looking up. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm beer, chips, mussels! my type of lunch. dayle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it nice to have a day that makes you take stock of your life, and realize how good things are? Glad it was a good one. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday!
    I just wandered around your blog for about an hour, I looove Scandinavian porcelain and I hope you will place some of your plates/ mugs etc. that you find on those fleamarkets in your shop? I would love to buy something from you. Love your own collection too btw!

    ReplyDelete