Friday 5 August 2011


I can now speak norwegian. It's official! I'm not being show-offy but I have decided (Yes, me) that I'm not doing too badly! Yesterday I took two friends to the cabin for a girls day. We swam in the fjord, we bbq'd,drank coffee and gossiped a little.Nothing special there I hear you say but we actually spent 8 (yes, 8) hours speaking non-stop norwegian. We had no choice but to speak norwegian as Antonella (from Croatia) speaks no english at all so it forces Vindhya and I to speak norwegian (we normally speak english to one another cause if we are alone it feels so wrong to speak norsk!) It felt really good to speak so much and be understood (mostly) and I found it hard to switch the norsk off when I arrived home (but soon had to as Henrik was telling me all about how he had accidently blown up his remote control speedboat in the living room on my Ercol coffee table!)
Above pic of a fence made of Ski's. Those norwegians can't get enough of their ski's!

Happy weekend folks!

5 comments:

  1. Now I'm getting intrigued as to what an English woman sounds like speaking Norwegian! (I know very well what (most) Americans sound like while speaking Norwegian (shutter) but can't picture it with a British accent. I think you should post a sound clip ;) p.s. du har blitt ei flink, flink, flinke jente.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun way to practice norsk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO impressive! and a speedboat on the coffee table??

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so nice to have those real life situations to prove to yourself how far you've come! I just survived--and enjoyed--a birthday party for 5 year old twins, In Norwegian!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Lisa what a star you are........Love Love your blog.....always makes me so jealous! Love Shaz from good old blighty......x x x

    ReplyDelete