Friday 3 August 2012

Back to Denmark
























One of my favourite things to do when in a new/different place is to go to the supermarket. I guess it's a bit sad but I just can't help myself. I love looking at different packaging and trying new things (I just love food in general) Poor old Henrik gets dragged round all kinds of strange places, but he gets to do his own things too. We compromise! One half of the day is spent doing what I like and the other half spent doing what he likes (this usually involves history/tanks/boats/castles and always an ice cream!) He never moans and happily trundles along with me (shame the same can't be said about me. I have been known to moan my way around various boats and castles!)
Have a great weekend folks, we are off to the cottage and keeping our fingers crossed for a bit of sun!

5 comments:

  1. It's not sad - I love going to the supermarket abroad too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fascinated by what people in other countries eat too, though I prefer markets to supermarkets. Not being able to read the labels doesn't help but only adds to the interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on that, one of my favourite things about visiting Europe last year was the supermarkets!! So so different to Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danish supermarkets are sad compared to Norwegians, no?

    I remember when my friends and I were in Berlin, we went to a supermarket (not a big one, just one near some train station) and jaw-dropped over the selections they have there in Berlin compared to what we have in DK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danish supermarkerts are bad compared to the Norwegian ones, no?

    I remember when my friends and I were in Berlin for a weekend trip, we went to a supermarket - not a big one - just one near some train station and our jaws dropped when we saw how many different things they have even in such a small place.

    We felt like we were hillbillies, coming from DK - the land of limited selection

    ReplyDelete